Here are some words of advice from coach Greg Weier on how to get the most out of your late-summer ski training:
- If you’ve been keeping up with your training this summer, now’s the time to ramp up the roller skiing.
- Be sure to check your wheels, nuts & bolts, and pole tips so everything is in order.
- Start out eeeeasy — get used to being on roller skis again before hammering out intervals.
- On dry land, start adding some intensity to your workouts. It’s very important to work on your speed progression — be able to go from slow to fast and back in order to develop your “gears” for skiing.
- Keep working on strength. I’ve never known a skier who was too strong.